Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project 2 Final

The assignment for project 2 was to create a cover for the 2010-2012 General Catalog for Broome Community College. The aspect of the college I tried to publicize was that BCC provides advising for continuing education. I used a picture of a couple students graduating to communicate the idea of continuing their education. I also used the picture of the clock to get across the idea that “this is your time.” This also goes along with the tagline, “This is your college,” which I positioned between the two pictures. All of the required criteria are presented in a way that makes the design visually unified. I used each of the 6 design principals to visually communicate the mission of the college. I intended to make the tagline the focal point of the design. The text “2010-2012” was created to be the secondary focal point. I balanced the design by placing pictures on one side of the paper, and the text on the other. I used alignment and contrast within the different fonts and colors of the text. Repetition is expressed through the repeating colors of the design. And last, flow used throughout the design by the positioning of the pictures and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment